Location: Chesapeake, VA
Servicing and repairing of Cummins engines
· Handle repair jobs of basic model engines and sub-assemblies. Must be able to complete most normal repair operations in standard repair time allowances.
· Complete required shop paperwork and processes including shop service orders.
· Participate in keeping shop area clean at all times.
· Properly use parts books, service manuals and QuickServe online.
· Successfully complete all required courses from Cummins, Inc. and Cummins Power Systems. Continually improve upon technical ability by home study courses, service and parts topics, and other schools offered by the Company.
· Be familiar with technician's responsibility while working on a job subject to warranty.
· Must be able to perform most repair jobs and operate most machine tools in the shop with minimum supervision.
· Cummins Power Systems focuses strongly upon safety in all aspects of our operations. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate a substantial awareness of work place safety and environmental knowledge.
· Creates, maintains and promotes a safe clean workplace.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred
· 2 - 4+ years experience with basic theoretical and practical knowledge required for the repair of diesel engines, preferably Cummins, CAT, or Detroit Diesel.
· Basic computer skills are required.
· Current, valid driver’s license. CDL class preferred but not required
· Must be able to furnish a set of hand tools.